Saturday 28 February 2009

Brands Hatch Testing 21st/22nd Feb


The build up to the BEMSEE Brands Hatch "Rookie" weekend was frantic to say the least. The weekend is designed for rookies to get a feel of how a race weekend works, sit their ACU CTC course and to be examined on track. However BEMSEE was also running a test day for regualr racers.

This was my first proper outing since completing the bike. I would also be helping out two of my mates, Frank O'Reilly who was starting out out racing in the MZ class. And Tori Miller who was starting out in the Minitwins class with myself.

I had agreed to pick up Tori's bike and take it to the track for her, so Tuesday night I went to pick the bike up. I gave it a check over when I got home and to cut a very long story short, her engine was F**ked! The water jacket had cracked allowing the water and oil to mix. There was no way her bike was going to be ready for the weekend.

So I came to the decision I would lend her my bike... with my spangly new paint job. Oh dear! But to be fair she got through the weekend unscathed and got her ACU licence. As did Frank on his smokey MZ, when he remembered to turn off the kill switch.

As for myslef, I had a great time. The bike felt great, nothing fell off and I didn't bin it, however I did come close at one point. I was also posting lap times within half a second of my fastest time around Brands last year. So all is looking good for this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment