Saturday 28 February 2009

Good Friday.



We arrived at Mallory Park late on Thursday evening. I hadn't seen my team mate "Lethal" Leigh Hutchinson, and his brother Alex since the last round of last year at Brands Hatch so it was good to catch up. However we were all quite sensible for a change and turned in fairly early for the early start tomorrow.

After signing on in the morning we got the bikes ready and went out for the first session. It felt good to back out on track so soon after Brands and it didnt take me too long to get into a good rhythm. The bike felt spot on once again. However it seemed Leigh had forgotten to tighten a few things up, so when I returned after the end of the session I thought it would be a good idea at the time to take the piss! I wish I hadn't now.

And sure enough, karma dictated my second session would be cut short, on the out lap! When my gear linkage fell off. Watching Leigh go round for 20 minutes was annoying to say the least and what made it worse was me thinking how much he would be able to rip the piss in return. I limped the bike back to the paddock in 4th gear and sure enough, he did.

But after we loctited and made sure every bolt on the bikes were secure the day really started to perk up.

We posted some very close times through out the day and our two best were within one-one hundrdeth of a second! Or 0.01. That isnt even a blink. Alex had predicted at the start of the 2008 season that we would be pretty close in times but even he couldnt believe how close his prediction was.

As the day started to wind down we decided to call it a day. Due to Leigh's old age and my sympathy pains. We were both chuffed with how the bikes felt and looked, so I think it was the right decision.

Onto Brands for the first round!


No comments:

Post a Comment