Monday 16 March 2009

Topsey Turvey Brands Hatch. Pt.1


Brands started out looking like being so promising. I had been there two weeks ago testing and had posted the same times that I did last year without feeling quite so on the edge.
It turned out to be a very up and down weekend, starting off badly with the news that my team-mate had broken down on the way and wouldn’t be making the Friday test day. However I went out on the Friday afternoon and everything felt great.
Saturday rolled round and I went into qualifying. Putting in some steady laps and finally ending up 14th on the grid. I was fairly happy but I felt that with a few more laps I could have made up a few more places.
The first race came soon after and with an impressive start I made up about four places. The bike felt steady but the tyres seemed to be on their last legs but I pushed on regardless. I ended up eventually losing a few places finishing up in 12th which would bump me up onto the 3rd row for the second race.
The second race ended up being pushed back by quite a distance due to a few stoppages but with the light beginning to fade we rolled up to the grid for the warm-up lap. In the blink of an eye I was round at druids with the red flags out. And before I knew it there was a crash right in front of me by the time we had reached Graham Hill. The red flags were out due to a start line incident which I soon found out had involved my team-mate Leigh. It was decided that the day would end there and the race would be rolled over to Sunday.
I got back to the garage to find Leigh was up at the medical centre, so off to hospital it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment