Monday 16 March 2009

Mallory... What a day!

After a good nights sleep on Friday night I woke up and couldn't wait for the first race. I went out on my warm up and apart from it being a tad windy, everything felt great.

The first race was pretty chaotic with 2 restarts ontop of the main start reducing the final race to just 4 laps down from 10! With the pack dissapearing around me on the grid I was quickly up to 6th position overall and before I knew it the chequered flag was out. I punched the air so hard as I crossed the line realising that I had finished 1st in the minitwins! With Alex winning the JP race and Leigh finishing 3rd in the Minitwins.

We killed a bit of time by tinkering with the bikes and watching a few races before our 2nd race. The second race was a little less chaotic but still involved one restart reducing the race to a 7 lapper. I got another great start and was in the lead in the Minitwins again for the first lap before Richard Willsher managed to get past me going into Edwina's. I was on his tail for the entire race and on the last corner of the last lap he seemed to miss a gear. I crept toward him but unfortunately it wasnt quite enough. He pipped me to the line by 0.077 of a second. However I was still more than happy with another trophy. Leigh managed to bring a now ailing bike home in 4th and Alex crossed the line in 2nd.

Feeling happy with our day we had our usual Lasagne (Thanks Jax) and Guiness.

I couldn't wait till Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment