Tuesday 10 February 2009

Pre season build up

Well I made it back home safe and sound from my tour, but because of this instead of five months to prep the bike for the season I was left with just two.

Everything to date has felt rushed, but short of respraying the bike in the '09' colours I am ready to go.

The changes have been pretty minimal as the bike felt pretty good all last year. The main things to be changed are the reworked front forks and new race rear subframe, thanks to Steve, at Steve Jordan Motorcycles. I have also been tarting up the bike, powder coating the wheels, replacing anything that had started to rust and respraying a few components. I have also switched to GSXR1000K6 Bodywork.

I had my first outing of the year at Snetterton on the 1st of February, to check things were all OK and nothing was about to fall off. I braved the -1'C temperatures and snow! To put in about 25 hand numbing laps. But it was worth it as everything felt great. I'm booked into Mallory Park and Brands Indy before the season start too and I cant wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment